Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Colors of Autumn

 
I could get lost in these colors, so rich and vibrant, lush and deep. I found these on a recent trip to a fabric shop that I don't get to very often, maybe once a year at best and when I saw this one (below)
I knew I had to bring some home. The photo does not do them justice. They are so much richer in person. I picked up these shared (below) to accent them
for a special journal of course.
This is one of my 'infinity' journals. It is 5" tall by 5" wide and about 12" in length when fully opened. It goes on forever; 8 spines that each hold 10 pages for a total of  80 watercolor paper which I have dyed and painted in similar colors to accent the cover. As the journal is opened, it naturally turns in your hands to  reveal the next spine of pages and when the end is reached, there is a 53" wrap around to hold 'infinity' forever safe. It is still a work in progress. The pages will be further embellished and completed and then will be sent on a journey, another deadline met. Here are a few more peeks.
Wishing you all a week rich in the splendor of 
Autumn's display of some of her most delightful colors. 





6 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabrics and your journal is wonderful. Off to explore more of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous journal, Susie! Glad to see you are still cranking away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your journals are absolutely beautiful and unique.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book! How beautiful. The colors are so rich and bright! Are you using it in a swap or round robin?

    Peace,
    Karis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous fabric!! I could not have resisted, either - even just to frame and hand a piece!!
    I love the journal - would love to have a duplicate of the one pictured - and I never want handmade ones!!

    ReplyDelete