Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You're Awesome

On super bowl Sunday I pulled out my paints and spent the entire day down in my art studio. I started my first paintings of 2014. It felt wonderful to see where the paint would lead me.
I started out with a base layer of white paint and let it dry and then the real fun began.
When it came time to add some text I had written a short poem I had intended on using but as I looked at the painting and that bright, happy sun I was reminded of a much loved and favorite commercial.

Take a peek and you'll see why.
12 by 12 inch wood panel.
Golden's fluid and High Flow acrylics, Golden's light modeling paste, paper collage elements, graphite, 005 Micron pen
Whenever I paint I generally will start a couple so I can alternate between them, so I also began this one-
She Belongs To The Sea 
and finished it yesterday. It was created with the same materials as 'You're Awesome'.
Both of these were inspired by Mindy Lacefield's class







2 comments:

  1. love these, susie!! you have such a sweet, sweet touch. and a knowingness about just where to put things...

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beatutiful! The 'You're awesome' one is just...well...awesome! I love the soft colours you use.

    ReplyDelete