Friday, March 28, 2014

Imperfections, Flaws and Matters Of The Heart


It still hurts and I feel empty. 
Paint, glue, ink 
help keep the darkness at bay.
Right now, nothing else makes sense to me.
She is my first thought upon waking and
my last as I fall asleep.

"It had flaws, but what does that matter when it comes to matters of the heart? We love what we love. Reason does not enter into it. In many ways, unwise love is the truest love. Anyone can love a thing because that's as easy as putting a penny in your pocket, but to love someone despite. To know the flaws and love them too. That is rare and pure and perfect."
Patrick Rothfuss

Today I have this. 
Reminders that I matter.
Something worth smiling about.








4 comments:

  1. Well worth smiling about.Your art work looks lovely in print and I am sure you matter in lots of other ways too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth smiling about. This issue hasn't hit the stands here in the UK yet, but I've got it on on order for when it does and I'll be looking out for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just received my copy today, I am so impressed with your art and how you express yourself. Your one good soulful artist Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You matter as a parent too. Sadly, sometimes there are years you just don't fit each other. Jenny Doh says it well. "Art Saves."

    ReplyDelete