Monday, May 23, 2016

Fabric Play!

Someplace Else
Journal
with a matching
messenger bag.

Journal is 10" tall by 9.5" wide and holds 10 pages of 140 lb watercolor paper. The tote is 12.5" wide by 13" tall and has a 23" strap. There is a jean pocket inside the tote that can hold a variety of items. I've listed them in my Etsy shop.

My fabric and sewing machine have been speaking to me the past few weeks. I tried unsuccessfully to 'shush' it but I could no longer resist the urge and have spent countless hours sewing and dreaming up stuff to sew. 

That led me to create these guys. Inspired by Roxanne Coble's On-Line Creature Class. 
Very odd and strangely comforting. 
I'm calling them 'curious personalities'.

And lastly this guy who is still being transformed.
They are a hodge podge collection of scraps, leftovers, paint stained fabrics, paint and various bits and pieces. I feel a bit like Dr. Frankenstein; piecing them together and bringing them to life.  









3 comments:

  1. I'm in love with these creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg...You are an amazing artist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so lucky to have run into your blog via lynne hoppe. delightful creativity

    ReplyDelete